Portals

Friday, April 30, 2010

Got Me Feelin' Blue!

Whoever said that the color blue is associated with sadness was obviously color blind. I love me some blues!  Turquoise, Sapphire, Cobalt...you name it. My latest inspiration picture is actually the Ralph Lauren Home "La Plage" campaign.   I love nautical colors and themes. "sigh" I'm ready to cash in my frequent flier miles and head to the French Riviera! (I also can see these rooms in Cape Cod or the Hamptons...maybe it's the New Englander in me!)

 I love the mix of different stripe patterns paired with more neutral walls and wicker chairs and wooden benches furniture.  It gives your eyes a place to rest so it's not too busy, but definitely draws your eyes to the center of the room.


This is, hands down, my favorite photograph from the La Plage collection. The way the stripes are paired with florals in the same shades is the RIGHT way to mix patterns (Keep a theme, in this case, the blues are continued throughout and the floral pattern on the seat also has the same neutral tones as the chair frame)

And in case you needed a reminder of the Creative Genius that is Ralph Lauren, a set of paint brushes is there to remind you that they are artistic gods.

perfection.  I'm ready to curl up with a book and bask in the summer sun.


 
 
Eden Roc Stripe in Denim
La Garoupe - Indigo

I love all the bookcases!  cozy.  The vanity/desk area also remind me of wood salvaged from an old ship - perfect for the marine theme.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment